WWE is here again from the 28th July to the 4th August 2018
Welcoming Scouts and Guides from around the world to join us for up to a week-long extravaganza at Walesby Forest International Scout Centre.
Annual General Meeting
Willesden District Scout Council
Registered Charity No. 271413
Saturday 16th June 2018 2pm
Followed by a BBQ in aid of 24th World Scout Jamboree participants
1. Welcome by the District Chair
2. Apologies for absence
3. Approval of the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 14th October 2017
4. Receive the Annual Report
5. Receive the Treasurer’s Report and Approve the Annual Accounts for the year ending 31st March 2018.
6. Approve the Willesden District Scout Council Constitution – June 2018
7. Approve the District Commissioners nomination for the District Chair
8. Election of District Secretary
9. Election of District Treasurer
10. Election of four members to the District Executive Committee
11. Approval of District Commissioner’s nomination of four members to the District Executive Committee
12. Appointment of Auditor
13. Election of representatives of Willesden District on the Greater London Middlesex West Scout Council
14. District Commissioner’s Report
15. County Representative’s Address
16. Brent Borough Council Address
17. Any other business (previously notified)
Nominations for Election
You are requested to make your nominations for election to the District Executive in writing with a proposer and seconder by midday Monday 11th June 2018.
Please email nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for election you must be over 18 and able to serve as a charity trustee.
Any other Business
Topics appropriate for any other business must be notified in writing in advance. Please email email@example.com before midday Monday 11th June 2018.
Membership of the Willesden District Scout Council is open to:
- District and Group Active Support Managers
- Section Assistants;
- Skills Instructors;
- all Explorer Scouts;
- all parents of Explorer Scouts;
- all members of the District Scout Network;
- A representative of the Troop Leadership Forum, selected from amongst the membership of the Forum;
- Members and Associate Members of the Movement registered in the Scout District and including Members of District Scout Active Support Units;
- Three council members of the London Borough of Brent nominated at its annual meeting
- The Strategic Director, Children and Young People, London Borough of Brent or their nominated representative
- The Members of Parliament for:
- Brent Central
- Hampstead and Kilburn
- The Greater London Assembly Member for Brent and Harrow
This is a uniformed event, UNIFORM SHOULD BE WORN, PLEASE.
Experience the adventure from the comfort of NW10
An inspirational presentation by David O’Brien who lives locally and works as an Expedition Leader on Everest. He is due to lead another expedition to Everest in April, so we are fortunate to have this opportunity and make that connection with him.
Open to all older scouts, Explorer Scouts, Leaders and helpers. Let’s fill the hall and show our support for adventure and our gratitude for this fantastic opportunity.
Uniform: Please wear group scarf
From abseiling to zorbing and everything in between, this is your chance to join the new Scout Group at St. Patrick's Church, Neasden.
Open to all girls & boys aged 5¾ - 14.
A fun and interactive taster session for girls & boys aged 5¾ - 14 and their parents.
Parent Information Evening
We will be hosting an information evening for anyone interested in taking part in either of these jamborees.
Walesby World Experience 2018
Nottinghamshire County Jamboree
The WALESBY WORLD EXPERIENCE is an International Jamboree camp held at our own centre in the heart of Sherwood Forest. As well as the great adventure activities, an optional trip to a theme park and the historic town of Lincoln, there's also daily events, attractions, shows and, of course, lots of opportunities to meet people from all over the UK as well as many other countries.
- 28th July to 4th August 2019
- Date of birth is between 28/01/2001 and 4/08/2008
- Total cost £300, paid £50 per month up to the event
- Registration: https://www.willesdenscouts.org.uk/events/2018/7/28/wwe-2018
Haarlem Jamborette 2019
Dutch National Jamboree
"Get ready for the coolest international scouts camp in Europe… "
The Haarlem Jamborette is organised every four years, with the previous one being held in 2015. More than 3500 participants
- 27th July to 7th August 2019
- Date of birth is between 27/01/2002 and 7/08/2009
- Total cost £650, £50 deposit
- Only 20 places availible
- Registration: https://www.willesdenscouts.org.uk/events/2019/7/27/haarlem-jamborette